Criteria/Requirements for Admission
This programme offers a number of courses each year. There are no prerequisites for admission to pursue any of the courses.
- Applicants MUST REGISTER AND PAY COURSE FEES IN FULL by the registration deadline.
- Teachers and other personnel in the government education sector may access the programmes at a reduced cost. Hence, their forms MUST be signed by the Principal and stamped with the official stamp of the school to which they are assigned.
This programme is open to all educators from the public and private sector from nursery through to tertiary institutions. Additionally, members of the general public who are interested in pursuing their personal and professional development can access courses in this programme.
Each course has a duration of two (2) terms (September to December and January to May). Courses are facilitated using online and in-person modalities. Participants are expected to approach the course(s) they have selected with commitment and enthusiasm. Therefore, careful selection of the course(s) is encouraged. A certificate will be awarded to each person who successfully completes a course.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in an area of specialised learning
- Use specialised knowledge gain to assist in the growth and development of others
- Demonstrate an understanding of the developmental stages and characteristics of various categories of learners.
- Demonstrate competence in utilising a variety of technologies and resources to support work in a specific area
- Apply strategies to cater to the needs of diverse groups of learners.
- Value the importance of lifelong and life-wide learning and continuous professional development by showing commitment and enthusiasm to learning
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours consistent with ethical standards of the work environment.
- Use a variety of appropriate assessment strategies to evaluate, guide and support the learning of others
The following courses will be offered during the academic year September 2022– May 2023. Please note that courses which are undersubscribed will not be offered.
- Action Research
- Advanced Bookbinding
- Advanced Counselling
- Advanced Special Education
- Basic Bookbinding
- Basic Counselling
- Child Protection Education: Tools for Early Learners
- Classroom Management
- Coding and Robotics
- Education, Care and Development in the Early Years – Level I
- Education, Care and Development in the Early Years - Level 2
- Exploring your Artistic Ability
- Introduction to Conversational Spanish
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Introduction to Special Education
- Advance Special Education
- Introductory Psychology
- Parenting Skills
- Planning for Instruction: Trainer of Trainers Course
- Soft Skills for the Workplace
- Strategies for Teaching Language Arts
- Strategies for Teaching Mathematics
- Strategies for Teaching Reading
- Supervisory Management
- Technological Skills for the 21st century
- Writing for the World of Work
Application Fee: Not Applicable
Course Fee: BDS $660.00 FOR ALL COURSES EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
Introduction to Special Education: BDS $1220.00
Advanced Special Education: BDS $940.00
Coding & Robotics: BDS $940.00
Who May Apply
Application for Continuing Education courses is open to all educators and members of the general public.